Dysport is an FDA Approved Botulinum Type A filler injection that works very similar to Botox. The procedure temporarily improves the look of moderate to severe frown lines without changing the look of the whole face, in patients less than 65 years of age.
Dysport can treat:
- Severe frown lines between the eyebrows (glabellar lines).
- Forehead wrinkles.
- Crows feet.
- Other telltale signs of aging.
Common side effects:
- Most side effects are mild to moderate in nature and last 7 days or less.
- Muscle pain or weakness near injection, bruising, swelling, nausea, dizziness, fever, and cough.
- Besides minor swelling and temporary side effects, Dysport needs urgent recovery time. Results from the procedure are seen within 24 hours and can last for 6 months to a year. A treatment schedule is necessary for Dysport and should be repeated every 2 months.