Botox is the first and only FDA-approved prescription product that temporarily improves the appearance of moderate to severe frown lines between the brows and moderate to severe crow’s feet.
How Botox works:
- Works beneath the skin’s surface and targets the underlying muscle activity that causes wrinkles.
- It blocks the release of a substance called acetylcholine, and this reduces muscle activity.
- Results within 24-48 hours and can last up to 4 months.
- Most side effects are mild to moderate in nature and last 7 days or less.
- The most common side effects include temporary injection-site reactions such as redness, pain/tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/bumps, bruising, itching, and discoloration.